This event has developed from two previous events and exhibitions on the history of assistive reading for blind and visually impaired people. For more information, please follow the links below.
- Touching the Book: Embossed Literature for Blind People in the Nineteenth Century
- Blindness, Technology, and Multimodal Reading
- Part of the Being Human Festival
- Nick Clark, ‘Does the Digital Age Spell the End of Braille?’, Independent, 20 May 2014
- Remarks from Professor John M. Hull on reading & technology
- Exhibition talk at the annual meeting for the National Federation of the Blind of the United Kingdom
- BookBrunch: ‘Exhibition Explores History of Books for the Blind’